Our kitchen extract cleaning and maintenance service are completed to the standard set by B&ES (the buildings and engineering services association). We offer a number of services to help improve the air extraction and safety of commercial and industrial vent systems.
Kitchen Extraction fans that create a vacuum to expel fumes and smoke, can also get clogged by fats, oils and grease. This not only creates the risks of a fire but also significantly diminishes their efficiency. The grease extract systems usually run through the entire length of a building, so unmaintained ductwork can lead to fire spreading through the whole premises putting every occupant in serious risk.
We take great care to clean the canopies by hand using the most effective chemicals to remove all grease and buildup in the exhaust system. Any cleaning done near electrical wirings, such as fan modules, is done by dry cleaning. We then hand polish the canopy to give a pristine finish and further protection from rust or corrosion.
of Grease Production
Typical Example Up to 6 Hours 6-12 hours 12-16 hours 16+ hours. Low No significant production
of grease during normal
daily food production
12 12 6 6 Medium Moderate production
of grease laden aerosols
during normal daily food
12 6 4 3 High Heavy significant or
continual production of
grease laden aerosols
during normal daily
food production operations
6 3 3 2
- Filter Cleaning. for free flow of air through the vent ducting.
- Canopy Hood Cleaning. to ensure hygienic work surroundings and minimize the risk of fire, while also being aesthetically clean.
- Duct Cleaning. to create fire breaks* within the ducting.
- Fan Cleaning and Servicing. to ensure longevity and efficient running of the equipment, also the cleaning of the fan acts as a safeguard for any malfunction which may cause a fire by removing the fuel (dirt and grease).
- External Cleaning Of Duct Work, Cowls and Louvre's. for hygiene and environmental reasons.
Fire Breaks* the removal of grease within the ducting. This is effectively taking away the fuel for the fire preventing its spread. Access hatches should be fitted in these areas to provide ease of access for cleaning.
On completion a report shall be issued with an overview of the systems cleaned. Pre and post cleaning photographic records and measurements, including COSHH data on any chemicals used. A sketch or schematic of the system indicating access panel and testing locations which clearly highlight any un-cleaned/inaccessible areas with an explanation as to why the area could not be accessed/cleaned. We will also issue a certificate summarising the cleaning works completed.
TR19 / Approved
All our kitchen extract and duct cleaning adheres to the current legislation TR19 standards set by BESA.